Become a Paint and Sip Venue
A Paint and Sip event can boost your profits by bringing in 20 to 40 extra guests on your slow nights to drink, paint and party. These new guests normally wouldn’t have been to your venue before, and will probably pay a return visit later. Our Paint and Sip venues are Pubs, Clubs, Restaurants and Bars that find that Monday, Tuesday and maybe Wednesday nights are rather quiet, We come in and use the spare public places to make them more noisy and profitable for you. We can do other nights as well.
What to Expect
- Paint and Sip events take about 3 hours, starting at 7.00 pm.
- We need an hour beforehand to set up the painting stations, and 30 minutes after to strip down.
- Assume that each guest buys 2 drinks and some food.
- You get a new customer base. Most guests will usually be visiting your venue for the first time..
- Most guests will pay a return visit in their own time.
We like using the public places because it gives the opportunity for passers-by or other customers to look and see what we are doing. As a result if this, spectators might come into your premises and stay for a drink and a bite. If your Paint and Sip venue has a separate room then we could probably make use of that at sometime for a different type of Paint and Sip event.
The American experience has been that being a Paint and Sip venue makes your slow nights more profitable in many ways.
- You can expect to take between £200 and £450 in extra sales on the night.
- Over 80% of those attending will never have been to your venue before.
- Over 60% say they will return to your venue at another time.
- It costs you nothing to host a Paint and Sip night.
This Is How It Works:
Before The Event
We agree a date for the event and a 4 – 5 week lead-in seems to be the best time. We will produce some A5 flyers that are printed on good quality card. These flyers carry generic information about our events, and we over-print them with information that is specific to your event. The flyers can be placed on tables, or any other place that you want. We might also like to put some sort of advertising stand-up banner in a prominent place if you will allow it.
We advertise the event using our database, and social media accounts and are happy to take paid-for adverts on social media.
Setting Up Your Paint and Sip Venue
We come in, anything up to an hour before the event starts, and set up, and can frequently use your existing table layout. Sometimes though, we might ask for a re-arrangement. We place disposable table cloths on the table and set up the artist stations. An artist station consists of a table easel with canvas, brushes, water tumblers and paper plates for the paint. Our paints are water-soluble, non-toxic and odourless Acrylic paints.
We also set up the lead Artist’s demonstration area which consists of an easel which everyone can see. We also set up a small PA/music system and a camera and projector (if needed).
The guests arrive, put on an apron, get something from the bar and then they take their seats. The lead Artist then helps the guests, in a step-by-step way, turn their blank canvas into their own personal masterpiece. The guests take their masterpiece away with them at the end of the evening.
As soon as the guests leave we pack the re-useable brushes, easels and tumblers away. We roll up all the disposable materials up in the table cloths, and take it way for safe disposal.
All we need from you is:
- Access to water (Acrylic paints are water soluble).
- Access to an electricity supply as we provide our own music, and have a PA system.
- Good lighting – please turn them up to high.
- A semi private space that can seat anything from 20 to 40 guests with tables and chairs.
- A place near the entrance to set up an advertising banner.
- Four hours to prepare, run and break down after the event.
- A waiter who comes around to take further food and drink orders.
What We Need To Promote The Events:
- A start date about 4 weeks away to properly promote the event.
- An initial 2 event trial period (1 a month), and then hopefully a regular commitment.
- Images, a logo and a brief description of your venue for publicity purposes.
- Special offer coupons (if you do them) to hand out at the event.
- Active promotion of the event by having our marketing materials available, and featuring us on your web site and social media.
Interested? then email Russell Collins if you want to learn more. Press Paint and Sip to go back.